Imagine you had to pick one of these priorities for your next job:
- Helping mission driven organizations expand their positive impact.
- Working with the latest technologies and leading development best practice.
- Getting paid what you deserve while still having a great work/life balance.
- An incredibly supportive team and nurturing culture.
What if there was a company that offered all the above?
We are ThinkShout, a Portland-grown, certified B Corp dedicated to delivering exceptional web development, design, user experience, and strategy to the nonprofits and forward-thinking organizations that inspire us. If you share our passion for open source technology and digital strategy, we’re looking for a Technical Architect and we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Technical Architect to help us expand our mission to help nonprofits and organizations grow and succeed.
- Conduct code reviews and provide mentorship and feedback to other developers.
- Work directly with clients to define requirements, in partnership with Project and Account Managers.
- Collaborate with the Strategy and UX teams to develop project specifications.
- Develop budgets, user stories, and implementation plans with other project leads.
- Estimate development progress and assess risks during implementations.
- Identify new technologies and development practices to provide the best possible guidance to our internal team and clients.
- Experience leading internal development teams.
- Experience working directly with clients and other project stakeholders.
- Experience working with open source frameworks and content management systems.
- You can leverage development operations (devops) tools and continuous integration services to craft development and deployment workflows.
- You understand that technical architecture involves bridging the gap between real world problems and the technology that solves them.
- You have an interest in working with new, emergent web technologies and concepts, such as decoupled apps.
- You’re a self-starter; you care about your development tools; you stay on top of new technologies and development best practices.
- You don’t mind spending time in an IDE writing PHP, JS, SASS, or whatever code is needed meet our client needs.
- You want to make a commitment to our team, work, community, and clients.
Salary commensurate with experience. On top of salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with a 2% match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Family leave
- A very generous 30 days of PTO, including holidays
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible office hours and strong work/life balance
- Weekly lunch and learns, team sprints, annual CPR training and more!
In addition, you’ll love this job because of our culture and the opportunity you’ll have to work directly with good people making real change in the world. You’ll appreciate and enjoy the work because you’ll go home at night knowing your talent and energy is being used for something you can be proud of.This is a full-time position based in our office in downtown Portland, OR. This position may involve up to 10% travel, including attendance at conferences and onsite client meetings.